Saturday, June 30, 2007

How did I get into English?

When I first enrolled in college I was clueless as to what course would fit me. I tried a general course that could lead to anything that came up during the schoolyear.

After the second year I knew that I wanted to learn more about the English language so I finally decided to have it as my major.

Since we were only around 6 English majors at that time we had to campaign for more enrollees in our majors for the subjects to be offered. This made me decide to take up most of my major subjects at another university as a cross-enrollee.

The interesting reads required of us convinced me that I was on the right track. In short, I was at that time finding my passion and I found it in WORDS-----reading them, writing, speaking, listening to them.

This passion has since become my "bread and butter" which has opened up other opportunities related to this passion for words.

No comments: